Wednesday, September 26, 2012

...of Movement Trays and Magnetisation

So over the last couple of days I've been making movement trays and magnetizing so my army is easy to put on the field and put back away, but most importantly easy to transport. Here's some action shots.


Assembling movement trays on my well used cutting board.

Mantic Orc army half assembled and movement trays sorted. The Orcs have a Warhammer  Chaos Maruader Standard and the champion has a Beastmen Gor Champion Axe. There is another 10 assembled not in this picture. The GW trays fit perfectly. I've Assembled 10 Orc Gore Riders, 43 Orc Axe, 4 Orc Great Axe and Wip the half cast. so I have 17 Orc Axe, 16 Orc Great Axe, 10 Morax, 10 Orc Gore Riders, Flagger, Orc Boss on Gore and a whole bunch of Orclings to assemble. So about half way.


Plaster filling bases and magnetizing has taken up the whole table. The Khorne stuff is mostly magnetised. what's in progress is plastering of Tzeentch, Nurgle and Slaanesh.

I think I might try a putty, something that doesn't dry too quickly as plaster does as I had to make up 5 lots of plaster and work quickly to fill the bases. But here are all my Horrors, Screamers, Plaguebearers and extra Bloodlettters with their bases filled. And a pile of plaster.

Magnetisied Movement trays. These are essential and what I've been spending this month's hobby allowance on. I will be buying more next week.

All my Nurgly goodness back on the shelf.

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that, got the T-shirt, with my WAB forces many moons ago... it does work.

    What worked well was getting 'steel paper' on one surface, and magnetic on the other, rather than magnet to magnet, which doesn't grip as well...

    ReplyDelete