Friday, March 8, 2013

Gobbos vs Daemons

Had 3 games over last 2 days with my 7th ed. daemons(in practise for Natcon), lost by 500 points to Sam Whitt's nicely painted Orcs and Gobliins, finally beat Hamish's nasty Skaven list by 500 points(first victory for me over Skaven) and a game versus Fern's Night Goblins.

In the game versus Sam I moved badly allowing his chariots to kill all my chaff and I didn't play aggressive enough. The Savage orcs with bows was an interesting tactic. I don't think it's as good as having AHW though.

My two letter hordes was much more functional after charging across the field in a meeting engagement against Hamish's Skaven. I had enough to blast his slave units in two turns to break them and i landed 2 killingblows against his grey seer, killing him on the second one. I only managed to get 3 wounds off the bell but that will change once I've stopped playing 7th ed. daemons. Skull Cannons.

So this is a bit of a pictorial expose, the missus and I had a 2500 point game of my Daemons versus her Night Goblins on Wednesday night. Fern's been Horde painting at the moment so has lots of Skaven and night Goblins being painted.


I had
Herald of Khorne, BSB and Armour of Khorne
Herald of Khorne, Firestorm Blade and Armour of Khorne
Herald of Tzeentch,Winged Horror, Master of Sorcery:Death
herald of Tzeentch, Spell breaker, master of Sorcery:light
39 Bloodletters Full command
39 Bloodletters Full command
19 Pink Horrors, musician, standard, icon of sorcery
3 Screamers
3 Screamers
5 Furies
1 Bloodcrusher
1 Bloodcrusher
1 Fiend of Slaanesh
1 Fiend of Slaanesh
1 Beast of Nurgle.

Fern had
Night Goblin Great Shaman with 4+ ward
Warboss on gigantic spider
2 Big Bosses
2 level 2 Night gobbo shamans
60 Night Goblins full command
60 Night Goblins full command
20 Night goblins w/ 3 fanatics
20 Night goblins w/ 3 fanatics
3 x 5 Spider riders
2 Goblin doom divers
1 Rock Lobber
2 Mangler Squigs
Arachnarok

We only got up to end of turn 3, just learning to speed up games with night goblin army and

Daemon Setup
Night Goblins
Night Gobbos hiding
Turn 1Furies draw Fanatics out
Arachnarok being redirected for flank charge.
a little too close for comfort.
Very close.
What happened to all the stuff in the middle, Mangler Squig, that's what.
No more Arachnarok; Flaming Herald of Khorne and Bloodletters dealt to that.
Two Fnatics pop through my Unit of letters taking a couple of casualties.
These guys didn't end up doing much for the rest of the battle.
Also spent some time with the little Berzerker and got his Dorf Cannons base coated, painted 1 layer and based. only needs a wash and some details picked out and the base fully pauinted and flocked.

No comments:

Post a Comment